Sunday 26 February 2012

Net-Some-Flix

I recently decided to take up the offer of a 1-month trial with Netflix. At the time, I was trying to gain some access to a tv series that wasn't available anywhere else on the internet (except on digital download and dvd orders, but I didn't wanna spend any money.) Once I actually signed up, I discovered that not only was the show I wanted to watch no longer on Netflix, but I was now stuck with a 1-month membership that I didn't really want. What do you do with a free thing you don't want? Start chuffing wanting it!

I've had a poke around their service, and let me say this, it's actually very good. The choices of movies, documentaries and TV shows are all absolutely superb, I find myself constantly going "hey! It's that show!" and "Oh man! I've wanted to see that for ages!!"

Aside from a brilliant library that's going to take up a lot of my time for the next month, I have one more thing to say about Netflix: they are far superior to their main competitor, LoveFilm. The quality of service, and the perfect customer service, and the simple fact that they don't make it hard to leave the service, means that I am now, after having my view of on-demand movie services skewed by LoveFilm, seriously considering becoming a full-time member of Netflix.

The next month should be interesting, and it'll give me plenty of material to review.

One note:

Last time I said to look out for more superhero-movie reviews, they won't be coming right away, but they're in the pipeline. Until those come through, it'll be regular reviews of whatever I find on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment